Young, skilled, and motivated
A skilled and motivated labour force is critical to your success. With a region population of over 1.4 million and a labour force over 835,000, your business benefits from a fast growing population that is young, highly skilled and motivated.
Edmonton's labour force will meet your business needs.
- We are one of the fastest growing and youngest cities in Canada
- Edmonton's regional labour force is over 835,000
- Alberta workers have the highest productivity rate in Canada
- 62% of the local labour force has post-secondary education or apprenticeship training
- A 75% participation rate shows a population actively engaged in contributing to Edmonton's economy
- Our world-class post-secondary institutions provide industry with access to first class engineers, trades and technical workers
Please contact us for more detailed information on Edmonton's workforce.
Post-secondary training supports industrial growth
Our publicaly funded post-secondary institutions and private training schools provide you with world-class engineers, trades and technical workers that are critical to your business.
- University of Alberta. The University of Alberta is among the world's top 100 universities according to the QS World University Rankings,earning international renown for its courses of study, teaching acumen and research excellence.
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) is the largest apprenticeship trainer in Canada, training 15,000 apprentices in 33 trades each year.
- MacEwan University. MacEwan University offers seven Bachelor degrees, three degree-transfer programs, two Applied Bachelor degrees and more than 50 diploma and certificate programs and corporate training.
- NorQuest College. NorQuest College provides English as a Second Language (ESL) training, academic upgrading and employment preparation. It is the largest provider of college and employment preparation programs in Alberta.
- Private Sector Trade Schools and Colleges. The following selected Edmonton private-sector trade schools and colleges offer courses that directly support industry:
- Alberta Big Rig Driver Education
- The Bredin Institute Centre for Learning
- Business Career College
- Capilano Truck Driver Training Institute
- Gennaro Transport Training
- GRB College of Welding
- Lokken Career College
- Canadian Petroleum Training Institute
Please contact us for more detailed information on Edmonton's workforce training facilities and opportunities.