SUPPORTING INDUSTRIAL INNOVATION
Striving for success
We strive to provide entrepreneurial success by supporting innovation across all sectors.
Our excellent research and development facilities and a strong and growing network of partnerships help you explore new approaches and develop new technologies.
Leader in Innovation
World's first municipal waste-to-biofuels facility - converting municipal waste to clean fuels and biochemicals, including methanol and ethanol.
National Institute for Nanotechnology - Canada's hub of nanotechnology research and development.
Edmonton Energy and Technology Park - Edmonton's largest eco-industrial greenfield opportunity.
World-class research facilities - top universities, technological institutions and publically funded research centres.
Research & Development
Research facilities focussed on supporting your business.
The Government of Alberta actively supports a full range of research focused on using innovation to develop practical solutions to key industry issues - including new product development and commercialization.
Natural Resources Canada's CanmetENERGY is a leader in clean energy research and technology development. The CanmetENERGY facility near Edmonton focuses on critical oil sands environmental issues.
The Edmonton Research Park focusses on advanced research in medicine, biotechnology, software, petroleum research, cold climate engineering, nanotechnology and clean energy.
The National Institute for Nanotechnology (NINT) is an integrated, multidisciplinary nanotechnology research institution operated as a partnership between the National Research Council of Canada and the University of Alberta.
GoProductivity provides services to help business compete in the global marketplace. They work in the industrial products and services sectors to improve single businesses and supply chains from top-to-bottom.
Please contact us for more detailed information on Edmonton's research facilities and opportunities.
University of Alberta
The University of Alberta is ranked as one of the world's top 100 universities and has earned an international reputation for research excellence.
The U of A's energy and environment research plays a major role in supporting Canada's energy sector and in sustaining our environment.
- Canada Excellence Research Chair in Oil Sands Molecular Engineering
- Imperial Oil-Alberta Ingenuity Centre for Oil Sands Innovation
- Centre for Earth Observation Sciences
- Alberta Centre for Surface Engineering and Science
- Close association with the Canadian Circumpolar Institute
Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) is the largest apprenticeship trainer in Canada - with the capacity to train about 15,000 apprentices annually in 33 trades.
The NOVANAIT program promotes applied research and enterprise development. Research partners from industry and the community can access NAIT's research and technical expertise, including our leading facilities and academic schools.
The NAIT Shell Manufacturing Centre (NSMC) helps Alberta's manufacturing industries become globally competitive.
Please contact us for more detailed information on Edmonton's post-secondary institutions.
Waste Management Centre of Excellence
Turning Waste into a Resource
The Edmonton Waste Management Centre of Excellence (EWMCE) is a collaborative hub for innovative research, technology development, and training and provides customized solutions to waste management problems. The EWMCE strives to turn waste into a resource.
- A unique private-public network of environmental leaders, with members including the City of Edmonton, University of Alberta, Alberta Innovates - Energy and Environmental Solutions, AMEC, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology and EPCOR
- Almost $1 billion in assets provides access to diverse research and educational facilities and offers a framework for advancing waste management practices
- A full-scale living laboratory provides an ideal location for applied research and training
- The Wastewater Research & Training Centre offers research and training opportunities in advanced biological wastewater treatment
Please contact us for more detailed information on Edmonton's Waste Management Centre of Excellence.