PROGRESSIVE & ENTREPRENEURIAL CITY
Edmonton is an entrepreneurial city led by an incredible business sector.
We are a competitive city that cultivates knowledge and innovation. We attract and retain skilled labour and have quality infrastructure needed to support industrial and economic prosperity.
Edmonton offers an ideal environment for your success.
Industrial businesses enjoy great success here
Sustained Economic Growth - $21.8 billion in projects are planned or are in progress in our region.1
Abundant Natural Resources - Our service region contains the majority of Alberta's natural gas and oil reserves.
Economic Strength - Our diverse economy demonstrates strength and resilience through market cycles.
Strategic Location - We sit at the crossroads between northern resources and U.S. and Asian markets.
Low Taxes - We have the most competitive corporate tax environment of any major Canadian city.
Skilled Workforce - We have one of the youngest, most highly skilled and productive workforces in Canada.
Hydrocarbon Processing - We are part of Canada's largest hydrocarbon processing region.
Advanced Manufacturing - We are the hub for all northern mega-projects and home to world-class fabrication shops and manufacturers.
Logistics Hub - We are a major logistics centre serving all of Western Canada and the Canadian arctic.
1. Government of Alberta with City of Edmonton calculations.
We have a large, young, well educated demographic with the depth and breadth to meet the needs of the most sophisticated industries.
Please contact us for more detailed information on Edmonton's demographics.
Our weather and climate varies greatly season-by-season, with hot dry summers and cold snowy winters. We are also one of the sunniest cities in Canada and enjoy bright sunny weather all year round.
Please contact us for more detailed information on Edmonton's climate.
There’s more to life in Edmonton
Edmonton offers Canada’s best combination of thriving economy and vibrant quality of life with something new to enjoy everywhere you turn, no matter the season.
Take in the spectacles at North America's largest fringe festival. Or explore Canada's largest urban parkland, Or join thousands of sports fans at one of our international sporting events.
With our 18-hour summer days, our kaleidoscope of fall colours and sparkling winter snow, there is something to do all year-round.
We are Canada’s top sports city welcoming the world with world-class sporting events.
- 2015 FIFA Womens World Cup
- 2015 FIBA Americas Women’s Basketball Championship
- 2015 ITU World Triathlon
- 2015 Red Bull Crashed Ice Tour
- 2016 Men’s Volleyball Continental Olympic Qualification Tournament
- 2016 National Track League
- 2016 World Triathlon Series Edmonton
- 2016 UANA Junior Pan American Water Polo Championships
- 2016 Edmonton Grads International Classic Basketball
- 2017 Ford World Curling Championships
With Festivals for every season, we are Canada’s Festival City!
- Edmonton International Fringe Festival – the largest fringe theatre festival in North America and the 2nd largest in the world
- Edmonton Folk Music Festival – one of the most successful and popular folk music festivals in North America
- International Jazz Festival
- International Street Performers Festival
Visit Edmonton Tourism for more information.