The Edmonton Energy and Technology Park (EETP) offers businesses a unique opportunity for value-added industries and significant spin-off activities based on Alberta's energy sector.
Industrial developers have access to a full range of servicing options within the EETP. Edmonton’s utility infrastructure needs are served by utility suppliers with proven experience in the design, construction and operation of industrial grade utility infrastructure.
The development approval process is complex and can vary depending on the application. A planning process guide is available for more information and how to set up an initial meeting with the Industrial Review Team (IRT).
Servicing and Utilities
- Natural gas is readily available through existing pipeline infrastructure that runs through and near the EETP.
- A major transmission line runs through the EETP and power can be provided on an interim basis through the existing grid.
- EPCOR water services can be provided on a temporary basis through existing services.
- A connection to the St. Albert Regional Trunk Sewer line will provide wastewater servicing.
Location and Transportation
- Connections to Hwy 37, Anthony Henday Drive (Ring Road), Hwy 28A, Manning Drive, and Hwy 216
- Direct rail access from CN’s line that runs north-south through the EETP
- Crude oil, HVP product and natural gas pipelines run through the EETP
- Direct connection to Alberta’s new High Load Corridor
- Prime location to access northern Alberta’s oil and gas reserves and key feedstocks in Alberta’s Industrial Heartland
- Competitive land, servicing and operating costs
- Competitive utility, land, tax, labour and operations costs to strengthen business profitability
- Close access to a large, skilled labour pool
- Strong customer base with outstanding access to feedstock and markets
- Economic momentum in Edmonton tops any Western Canadian city
- Access to urban-quality police, fire and transit services
- Political, administrative, and landowner support for industrial development in the EETP
- Specialized team dedicated to working with investors to help move project forward in a timely manner